Pages

May 7, 2012

Birthday Party

The weather was beautiful, the street was lined with cars and there was plenty of cake and ice cream to go around. It was a celebration for Granddaddy Barber's 80th birthday, and there were dozens and dozens of people who came by to wish him well. 


My dad grew up next door to the Barbers. As children, my sister, cousin and I would often wander up to the Barber's swing set when we went to Grandpa's after church. We would head up there as we grew older whenever we were in the neighborhood; there's always hugs, cookies and a cold drink for visitors. Granddaddy has been fighting cancer, and his journey is slowly reaching it's end. 

What a blessing this man has been in my life. He's an incredible person. 


I would consider all the Barbers my family; Sarah is my oldest friend (seriously, I met her the day she was born). We've gone to the beach with the Barbers for several years, though it's been harder since we're in college. 


Here's this branch of the clan (it's three photos, so ignore the weird stuff at the top). 


Thanks for everything. With love, Lady Di. 


No comments:

Post a Comment