Pages

March 15, 2012

Annie B. Mission and Star Mountain

In late December, 2010, I was blessed enough to have the opportunity to go to Israel with young adult convo of the Moravian Church here in North America. For the non-Moravians out there, there's high school convo, with which I was able to go to Minnesota in 2009, and then young adult convo which alternates every four years between Germany (the birthplace of the Moravians) and Israel (the birthplace of Christianity).

Israel was beautiful, and I have so many awesome memories of our trip there.

My sister and me:



Masada:


On this trip we traveled to Star Mountain, a school for the intellectually disabled from childhood to adulthood. It's sponsored by and affiliated with the Moravian Church. 



It's a beautiful place, and it's obvious that the people there love their work. 


 On a different track, my aunt passed away in September, 2010. 
My darling uncle was looking for a way to honor her memory and heard about our stories when we returned, especially our admiration of Star Mountain. 

From those events, the Annie B. Mission was born. 

My sister, myself, Elizabeth (my cousin's fiancee) and my cousin Matt (Steve's son) - it's obviously a family venture:


This month, we've made the cover of the Moravian magazine! Click here to go read about us; it's several articles that are all really awesome!





No comments:

Post a Comment