Pages

March 5, 2012

Exploring Virginia

I survived the week! Well, of course I did, but it felt unending at the time. I spent the weekend up in Virginia visiting Andrew, which was awesome. 

On Saturday we wandered around Farmville and found this awesome old thrift/antique/junk store. 






I got a lot of fabric for not a lot of money, which I love!

We also went to Richmond, to the Virginia Holocaust Museum. 



I went to the one in Washington D.C. about eight years ago, so I don't remember it that well, but this one is definitely different. It's really nice, but instead of being an overall look at the Holocaust, a lot of it follows the story of one family. 


They also used a lot of dummies, which definitely gave a feel for reality, but was also kind of creepy. But there were some parts where it was really useful to understand how crowded people were. 

Here's a part of the Nuremburg Trials mock-up:



We wandered around Richmond too, using Andrew's GPS to guide us to random locations.



He teases me for using full manual mode in my camera, but I've gotta practice!




No comments:

Post a Comment