Pages

April 1, 2012

Metro Richmond Zoo



Andrew and I went to the Metro Richmond Zoo on Saturday. It was pretty dreary in the morning, and we were afraid it was going to rain on us. Thankfully it cleared up. It's a pretty cool zoo, they have a lot of animals. I definitely like the North Carolina Zoo better though, and it's less expensive. 


There were cute little prairie dogs. 


A lot of emus who were chilling with the kangaroos: 


Vultures: 


Something I've never heard of before: the Diana Monkey!



They had a lot of friendly hoofed animals who loved to be fed. 




One of these little ones tried to eat my dress!




There was a giraffe feeding area! 



The most ridiculous part of the zoo had to be this: cheetahs and zebras, separated only by a chain-link fence. The cheetahs are about to die of frustration, and I'm not sure if the zebras like teasing them or if they're stressed out. 


Most disappointing part of the zoo? I was promised llamas. 


There were no llamas. 

The closest thing to a llama was this unfriendly alpaca who just wanted to turn over the poor zookeeper's wheelbarrow. 


Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment